Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
If you need a small portion of turkey bacon, or don’t want to heat up your house turning the oven on, this guide will teach you How To Air Fry Turkey Bacon so it turns out perfectly crispy each time.
You will love making Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer
With over a million page views combined, my bacon in the oven and oven turkey bacon posts are among the most popular posts on this site. They are certainly standbys for when I need a larger portion of bacon.
But on warm days when I don’t want to heat up my house with oven, or when I need to cook just a few pieces of bacon, I’ve started to turn to my air fryer.
This post will walk you through how to cook turkey bacon in an air fryer so that it turns out perfect every single time.
Why Air Fry Turkey Bacon
I like to make turkey bacon in an air fryer when I don’t want to turn on my oven (or honestly, even the stove for bacon gravy), for a variety of reasons.
Sometimes, it’s just too hot outside, and turning on the oven will just heat up the house even more. But the air fryer doesn’t heat up the house at all!
I also find this handy little appliance super convenient when I want to make just a small portion of bacon. I’m not necessarily hosting a brunch buffet with my air fryer, but if I just want to make a BLT for lunch or need a little to sprinkle on top of a baked potato pizza, this is the way I do it.
What You’ll Need for Air Frying Turkey Bacon
- Turkey bacon slices – 4 ounces for 2 servings, or as many as desired.
- Parchment paper liner – for lining the bottom of the air fryer basket, if you want, but it’s not required.
- Paper towel – for blotting the bacon when it’s finished cooking.
- Plate – that you’ll line with the paper towel.
- Tongs – for handling the cooked bacon, because it will be hot.?M
How to make air fryer turkey bacon
- Place the bacon in the air fryer basket. If you want to use a parchment paper liner for the bottom of the basket you can, but it’s not required. The most important thing is arranging the slices in a single layer, with no overlapping slices.
- Air fry at 375 degrees F for 8 to 9 minutes or until the bacon reaches your desired level of crispness, flipping it once halfway through cooking.
- When the air fried turkey bacon is fully cooked, use tongs to transfer it to a paper-towel lined plate to blot some of the extra grease before serving.
How long to cook Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer
I’ve found that 8 to 9 minutes at 375 degrees is just about right for most brands from the grocery store.
However, every brand of this appliance cooks a little differently, so you may need to adjust the cooking time. If this is your first time making turkey bacon in the air fryer, start with 5 minutes and then add time in one minute increments from there until you reach the desired doneness. Make a note of the timing for next time!
How to serve Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
It’s also great threaded onto bloody mary skewers.
Turkey Bacon Air Fryer FAQs
This really depends on the brand, but most national brands are smoked or cured, but NOT cooked, so you will need to cook it before you eat it.
Unless the package specifically says that it is fully cooked and ready to eat, you should cook it.
I’ve done many tests and figured out that when you cook turkey bacon in the air fryer, it comes out a little better and more evenly browned if I flip it once halfway through cooking.
I haven’t had much trouble with bacon sticking to my air fryer basket at all, but if you experience this, you can use parchment paper liners specifically made for the bottom of air fryer baskets, or simply coat the bottom of the basket with cooking spray.
While adding water to the bottom of an air fryer can be beneficial for some dishes, it is not necessary for cooking bacon.
Using foil in an air fryer is not recommended. Foil can interfere with the air circulation in the fryer.
- 4 ounces turkey bacon
- Arrange bacon in single layer in air fryer basket.
- Transfer to air fryer and cook at 375 degrees F for 8 to 9 minutes or until bacon reaches your desired level of crispness, turning once halfway through. Use tongs to transfer bacon to paper-towel lined plate to blot excess grease, then serve immediately.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 1146mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g
This website provides estimated nutrition information as a courtesy only. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.